I just found a great article with tips for building a community management strategy into your business.
Why do you need a strategy? Because community managing is not just posting on Facebook and linking it to Twitter. A community manager must be able to communicate directly with the customers in order to build relationships and they must also keep the brand consistent across multiple channels of social media.
To achieve these goals, Janet Aronica offers 5 tips:
- Metrics- figure out your objectives
- Listening- where is your audience already located?
- Value- create a content plan
- Email- remember that not everyone is on social media
- Real Life- merge the digital and physical community
I suggest reading the article for an in-depth explanation along with images and links to examples… we learned some great tips!